Quality Management System
ISO 9001 is the international standard for a quality management system (“QMS”). In order to be certified to the ISO 9001 standard, a company must follow the requirements set forth in the ISO 9001 Standard. The standard is used by organizations to demonstrate their ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements and to demonstrate continuous improvement.
Receive and Evaluate
It does NOT matter what industry you are in (service or manufacturing) – it can be a restaurant, consultancy, manufacturing company, government entity, etc.
Analysis and Planning
This ‘input’ (information and data) should reflect upon the adequacy, suitability and effectiveness of the quality management system and its processes. The ‘output’ (result of the analysis) must provide information (understanding, insight, awareness, confidence, knowledge of, etc.).
Make plans and Implement
- Familiarize Yourself with ISO 9001.
- Plan Everything out for Implementation.
- Identify Responsibilities, Policies, and Objectives.
- Develop Your Documentation.
- Launch Your Quality Management System.
- Review Your Performance.
- Assess and Register for Certification.
- Continual Improvement.
Why choose us
- Creation of a formal framework for current service improvement projects
- Provides a benchmark type comparison with best practices
- Creates competitive advantage via the promotion of consistent and cost-effective services
Top internal reasons were to establish better control over business operations, and to provide a foundation for continuous improvement.