OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
Protect your workforce, comply with the latest legislation and increase productivity with OHSAS 18001 OHSAS 18001 stands for international Occupation Health and Safety Assessment Series for health and safety management systems. OHSAS 18001 is formed to reduce occupational health and safety risks in an organization. It was developed to extensively spread the demand for a known standard against which to be certified and assessed. The OHSAS certification exhibits that you adhere to high standards with regards to health and safety – enabling you to get ahead of competitors who have not achieved the standard. Whether it is to customers, shareholders or employees, by getting OHSAS 18001 certified you are sending a clear message about how seriously you take safety in the workplace OHSAS 18001 comprises of two types 18001 & 18002 and embraces BS8800 and a number of other publications. This elucidates the requirements of the specification and implementation process. These two is integrated together as a package helping your business with the practical means to:
- Identify elements of your business that impact have on health and safety and gain access to the relevant legislation
- Produce objectives for improvement and a management program to achieve them, with regular reviews for continual improvement.
- A greater emphasis on the “health” as well as “safety” in maintaining a safe workplace
- There has never been a better time to adopt the OHSAS 18001 Standard as the foundation for your Occupational Health and Safety Management Greater harmonization with ISO 9001 Quality and ISO 14001 Environmental Management system standards
- Inclusion of management systems planning tools, including the hierarchy of controls non Requirements for consultation